RMCES was set up in 1998 - the Principal being formerly employed by a large multi-skilled engineering consultancy as a Senior Environmental Geochemist. A wealth of experience can therefore be drawn upon for each future commission which is undertaken, of which a very selected range of past project involvement include:
- An Aird former landfill Fort William and a major site on Clydebank, Glasgow;
- Former steelworks site at Hebburn on Tyneside ;
- Many former mill sites and workshops and factories in Lancashire and Greater Manchester;
- Avenue Coking Works, Wingerworth Derbyshire;
- Stanton Steel Works Derbyshire;
- Former Rolls Royce and Jaguar factory sites Coventry;
- Former tar and coking works at Caerphilly and Aberdare South Wales;
- Landfilled former gravel pits in Essex and Middlesex;
- Dockland sites in London area, East Anglia, the South and the South West of UK;
- Numerous former coal-gas carbonisation works sites of varying sizes across the UK.
From the outset, a principal aim was to assist in a sub-consultancy role other larger consultancies who lack the specialist expertise, or to provide a full service directly to the Client, as and when required. Over the years, the operation of the company has relied on close co-operation and working relationships with a number of other environmental and/or geotechnical consultancies and ground investigation companies with whom it has enabled a broad package of both geotechnical and geo-environmental services to be provided to meet the specific needs of each project.
Copyright RMCES 2009